Tuesday, May 16, 2006

First post WOOHOO!!!

Hi there. This blog will be about robots, weird and wonderful. I've always had a fascination with 'em and they seem to be evolving quite quickly. I'm a little surprised that there aren't more blogs and sites dedicated to robots. Don't get me wrong, there are some great ones out there, but for me they seem to be a bit heavy to get through. So I thought I'll make mine light and fun. I'll try to post something every day or two, things that I've come across that I find interesting, and hopefully you'll agree. Please leave me comments on what you think, I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

Well... The first video looks like an ad for a robot. It looks real, but obviously it's not. It is set in the slums of Johannesburg, and it was created by The Embassy Visual Effects Inc and directed by Neill Blomkamp (my hats off to them). Great stuff, I've watched this a few times now; I'd give it a 4/5 for impressiveness, for the production that is, 'cos it ain't real (yet), and a 4/5 for freakyness, 'cos it's real... freaky, eh?



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful robots

regards

web designer

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home