Monday, August 28, 2006

Well I'm back, haven't published for a while... been kinda busy, y'know how it is. Wasn't even sure anyone was reading this blog LOL.

I'm sure there's been lots of developements in the robot world. I'll have to troll the web and find some good stuff.

Just something funny... I was on an online help chat thing, trying to get some tech help. Anyway I was convinced I was talking to a bot. Now a software bot, for those who don't know, is a automated program that responds intuitivly to your questions. So after my question was answered, I was tyring to determine if the guy on the other end was a 'bot'. I was convinced he wasn't human becuase he was so polite and there weren't any grammical (grammical?! is that a word? or have I just made that up on the spot? we'll see what spellcheck has to say about this, anyway I digress, back to the story)or spelling errors. So here's this guy, paid to be polite, unabusive and calm AND with perfect spelling and none of that SMS text junk, trying to convince me he was human. AND here I'm thinking; WOW this bot is GOOD there is some excellent programming behind this... LOL

Only after a few months when I needed online help again, from a different site did I realise my mistake. AGAIN I started to put the poor person through the "are u a bot? cos' u type like one...Oh a clever bot trying to convince me your human, oh very funny, but I'm not stupid"

Apparantly I am.

Anyhoo, please let me know if anyone is out there reading this rubbish, Because if I'm writing this to myself...well isn't that one of the signs of madness? or the second... anyway just leave a comment. Because if I can just reach one person...well then it's STILL not worth it, is it?...maybe a a hundred thousand!?

I now might just go and find some robot video stuff, I'm sure the boffins have been hard at work. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home